Star 94.7 has an opening for this part-time position (Monday-Friday 1-5pm). This could become Full-time - for the right person, and IF they want to work full time. This is an exciting and important position, for you and for the radio station, as you are involved with every aspect of the radio station’s operation.
The two most important “MUST” requirements of this position are:
1. You MUST have a “take charge” personality – this is NOT a receptionist position – you will be heavily involved with the non-technical administrative aspects of our station.
2. You MUST have great organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
3. You MUST be able to take and implement instruction from the station owner – who lives 1,000 miles away.
Other important qualifications include:
· good verbal and written communication skills
· proficiency with Power Point, Word, Excel, and Outlook (and to be able to organize these files)
· A “take charge” approach – we are not looking for somebody who “waits for things to happen” – we want an employee who “makes things happen.”
· Working knowledge of data bases
· An upbeat, friendly, and positive personality
· The ability to get along with other people.
Other qualifications that would be helpful, but not critical, for this position:
· A good voice – you may be called upon occasionally to do voice-overs for a radio commercial, or,
· To voice our daily “Weather Reports or “Today’s Birthday’s” features.
· A desire to supplement your base wages with commissions from sales. No outside sales required but a good understanding of telemarketing could enable you to earn additional income from phone solicitation.
Responsibilities on a typical day might be:
· Work with the station Owner/General Manager and Sales Account Executives to create written presentations for prospects, and/or to put into Power Point from Account Executive’s drafts.
· Organize and maintain our Sales Marketing material
· Greet walk-in listeners who may have won tickets, and keep track of ticket inventory and recipients.
· Greet prospective walk-in advertisers and assist them with placing small advertising schedules. With larger prospects assist our salespersons with identifying these prospect’s needs.
· Organize and maintain advertiser data bases.
· Organize and maintain listener data bases.
· Keep our “Sponsors” section up to date on our website www.947-Star.com
· Assist staff with writing commercials.
· Take daily deposits to the bank
· Assist staff with organizing and implementing station and advertiser promotions.
Qualified candidates only need to apply. Must have reliable transportation. Company paid parking. Interested candidates should send cover letter (or video) and resume to email@example.com
Star 94.7 and Y-Town Radio Broadcasting, LLC are equal opportunity employers