You love Jazz. Now ,imagine weekly promotional announcements promoting "Sunday Jazz with your name here!" This is a high-profile gig for an area Jazz enthusiast...host your own Sunday Jazz show! Every week Star 94.7 airs Sunday Jazz from 4 to 7pm. We seek a local host who knows Jazz inside and out and can share that passion and interest with others who love jazz. Your show will be "voice-tracked," meaning, you can pre-recorded it prior to Sunday 4-7pm at a time during the week convenient for you! There are only 12 weekly "tracks" and you could easily record these within 30 minutes ...or less.
Our final candidate must exhibit a "vested interest" in the show with a strong work ethic and desire to make it a better program. You will be asked to work with the Program Director to select only the best songs for airplay, and give suggestions for improvement. You may interview jazz-oriented guests on the show either by phone or in-person in our new high-tech professional studios (we'll teach you how to record your tracks). Periodically, feel free to invite a guest to "co-host" the entire show with you...make it fun, interesting, informative and entertaining!
Interested? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll call you back to discuss the position and answer your questions.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Y-Town Radio Broadcasting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Event Coordinator/Producer. Star 94.7 is looking for a unique individual to create, coordinate and produce various events for Star 94.7. Candidate must possess exceptional organizational and communication skills, a proactive outgoing personality, creativity, outstanding follow-up, the ability to organize thoughts and present in a professional written manner. You MUST be able to work well and communicate well with others. This is a Free Lance, Independent Contractor position – you will not be employed by the radio station by means of a weekly salary or hourly rate. You will be compensated by a negotiated flat fee for a particular event based upon its revenue potential plus cash incentives that may include a percentage of ticket sales and/or a percent override on advertising sponsorships sold by you or our sales staff. Please send cover letter and resume expressing your possible interest in this position to email@example.com. I am the owner of Star 94.7 and will be the only person making this decision. Please do not contact the radio station directly and no phone calls. The cover letter and resume (or other creative means to present your skills and talents) will be the initial part of the selection process – I must be able to see that you possess the means to present a product (in this case, you), an idea, or a concept in a manner that would encourage an event prospect (or employer) to want to have a meeting with you.
Since this is a free-lance position you can work on these projects anytime at your discretion – as the end result, the successful completed event, will be the only measurement of accountability. The bigger and more frequent the event(s) the bigger your earning/override potential. Examples of possible events could include Urban Adult Contemporary Throwback, Old School, or Jazz concerts (where the radio station is the Promoter and we’re not simply airing commercials for a concert advertiser), events such as a monthly Jazz Brunch (with Jeff Green as host) or a monthly Sunday Inspiration Brunch (hosted by Gail Stringer), Father/Daughter Dances, All White Parties, station Birthday Party, Father/Son events (like fishing tournaments), 3 on 3 basketball tournaments, Watch parties, Singles Parties, promotions with area nightclubs and so many more possibilities including advertiser initiated events. In fact, I would eventually like to do another Family Reunion like we did when I was the manager of Jamz 101.9.
Please, only candidates who feel they possess the skills, talents, passion, drive and energy should apply for this position. This is not an entry type position where you come to us with a “clean slate” and a long learning curve – you must bring a basic foundation/skill set to do this position that includes a good sense of marketing, sales, and how and why business decisions are made.
Star 94.7 and Y-Town Radio Broadcasting are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Star 94.7 has an opening for this FULL-TIME or part-time position (Monday-Friday 1-5pm). With some nice perks - concert and event tickets, etc. This is an exciting and important position, for you and for the radio station, as you are involved with every aspect of the radio station’s operation.
The two most important “MUST” requirements of this position are:
1. You MUST have a “take charge” personality – this is NOT just a receptionist position – you will be involved with the non-technical administrative aspects of our station.
2. You MUST have great organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
3. You MUST be able to take and implement instruction from the station owner – who lives 1,000 miles away.
Other important qualifications include:
· good verbal and written communication skills
· proficiency with Power Point, Word, Excel, and Outlook (and to be able to organize these files)
· A “take charge” approach – we are not looking for somebody who “waits for things to happen” – we want an employee who “makes things happen.”
· Working knowledge of data bases
· An upbeat, friendly, and positive personality
· The ability to get along with other people.
Other qualifications that would be helpful, but not critical, for this position:
· A good voice – you may be called upon occasionally to do voice-overs for a radio commercial, or,
· To voice our daily “Weather Reports or “Today’s Birthday’s” features.
· A desire to supplement your base wages with commissions from sales. No outside sales required but a good understanding of telemarketing could enable you to earn additional income from phone solicitation.
Responsibilities on a typical day might be:
· Work with the station Owner/General Manager and Sales Account Executives to create written presentations for prospects, and/or to put into Power Point from Account Executive’s drafts.
· Organize and maintain our Sales Marketing material
· Greet walk-in listeners who may have won tickets, and keep track of ticket inventory and recipients.
· Greet prospective walk-in advertisers and assist them with placing small advertising schedules. With larger prospects assist our salespersons with identifying these prospect’s needs.
· Organize and maintain advertiser data bases.
· Organize and maintain listener data bases.
· Assist staff with writing commercials.
· Take daily deposits to the bank
· Assist staff with organizing and implementing station and advertiser promotions.
Qualified candidates only need to apply. Must have reliable transportation. Company paid parking. Interested candidates should send cover letter (or video) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Star 94.7 and Y-Town Radio Broadcasting, LLC are equal opportunity employers
Click on the links below to view obituaries in these specific cities and funeral homes.