Star 94.7 FM Official Contest Rules
1. There is no entry fee for contests. One entry per person. Any duplication will automatically be disqualified.
2. Winners must live within the broadcast coverage area of Star 94.7. Winners must be legal US residents with valid ID for the state of residence within the Star 94.7 service area of eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania.
3. Listeners must wait 30 days (based on date prize was won) before they are eligible to win another prize worth less than $600.00
4. Listeners have 30 days (based on date prize was won) to pick-up prize before it is forfeited to the station.
5. Listeners who win concert tickets must pick up tickets 2 days prior to the show date or tickets will be forfeited. (This rule does not apply if concert tickets are given away the day of the show or are not available for pickup until 2 days prior to the show).
6. If the prize value is $600.00 or greater, the listener is ineligible to win a prize of the same or GREATER value for 180 days (based on date prize was won).
7. A household cannot win again for 30 days if they have won 12 or more contests in the past year.
8. Listeners who win a prize valued at $600.00 or greater will be issued an Internal Revenue Form #1099 to report the aforementioned prize valued at approximately $600.00 or greater as earned income for the current taxable year.
10. Listeners are responsible for any prize obligation (taxes, title fees, etc.) and must meet all eligibility requirements.
11. Listeners must agree to indemnify and hold Star 94.7 harmless from any and all claims, suits and action which may arise out of, or any harms, liabilities or damages they may incur, as a result of them winning the aforementioned prize.
12. In conjunction with the receipt of the prize, listeners must grant Star 94.7 permission to use their name and likeness in conjunction with reasonable promotion by the station of their participation in its promotion.
13. Listeners must attest that they are not an employee of Star 94.7 FM, Y-Town Radio Broadcasting, LLC or its agencies, nor any member of their immediate family. All additional sponsors and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate in Star 94.7 contests.
14. Winners are solely responsible for claiming their prize and/or fulfilling travel arrangements.
15. Prizes are not mailed. Prizes must be claimed in person at the Star 94.7 offices at 20 Federal Plaza West, #M-18, Youngstown, OH during regular business hours.
16. Winners must be at least 18 years of age and be able to produce proper identification to claim prize. This includes all passport and processing fees. Other restrictions apply.
17. Star 94.7 reserves the right to end a contest at any time upon their sole discretion.
18. Star 94.7 reserves the right to change any promotion and or the promotional elements at any time without notice.
19. Odds of winning are based on the number of participants.
20. Some contests will require listeners to telephone the station contest line and be the designated numbered caller as announced on the air prior to the contest episode. No operator-assisted calls will be accepted.
21. Some contests will require listeners to register to win at designated locations as announced on the air. A random drawing will be conducted to determine the winner, unless otherwise specified in the contest rules pertaining to a specific contest.
22. No cash or substitute prize will be awarded in lieu of the advertised prize. Prizes are non-transferable. If a winner cannot accept the prize as offered, he/she will forfeit the prize, and another winner will be selected.
23. When applicable, participants must have a working telephone number at all times during any contest. Individuals with disconnected phone numbers that have been changed without a forwarding phone number will be disqualified at management’s discretion.
24. Winner/Qualifiers acknowledge that Star 94.7 is strictly a promotional vehicle for the distribution of information for advertisers and that information may include prizes that are given away on behalf of advertiser(s).
25. Star 94.7 shall not be responsible in whole or part for the failure of participating sponsors/advertisers to deliver prizes as promised.
26. Star 94.7 will not be liable for any replacement, replacement cost, substitution of or compensation for prizes that may or may not be delivered in whole or part from any advertiser or sponsor.
27. A Star 94.7 representative conducting the contest will determine all qualifiers/winners; their decisions and interpretations of these rules shall be final.
28. Some additional rules may apply to specific contests.
29. Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for the station to disqualify that individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of the station, as well as forfeiture of any prize or prizes won by fraudulent means.
30. Copies of the Official Contest Rules may be obtained at the Star 94.7 offices, located at 20 Federal Plaza West, #M-18, Youngstown, OH 44503 during regular business hours.